Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 5 Skopje Macedonia

Wow! What a day! Today was our last full day of ministry. It was hot. It was BUSY. It was PRICELESS!

Todays observations:

1. Andrew Basic and Marc Chewning are having birthdays. So...we thought we'd send a message from the other side of the ocean.

2. Exhausted World Changers can sleep anywhere at anytime.

3. Nutella is goooood!

4. Matt can drive in a different country and not wreck!

5. Music transcends every culture and if you repeat it enough times they can sing it even if they don't speak the language.

6. There is nothing like the love of a child.

7. Crew Chat is fun!

8. Water games are good when the temperature is 96 degrees.

9. THERE IS NO ONE LIKE OUR GOD!

Tomorrow is our showcase where the children will show their parents what they have been learning all week. Pray that we hve a great turn out and that we will be able to have fruitful conversations with adults.

It will also be a day full of emotion as we say good-bye. This is going to be really hard.






























































































































































































9 comments:

  1. Love you guys so much. I'm at the point now where I CAN'T WAIT TIL SUNDAY! I know you probably aren't ready to leave - but I cannot wait for the stories to pour out...

    Be safe. Make the most of every opportunity.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Jackie with the kids.. says it all.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sooo much for this daily blog. I can't wait to read it and look at the pictures every day. You guys looked exhausted but so happy! I cannot wait til Sunday either!! I pray that tomorrow brings all sorts of God moments for all of you. Keep up the good work!!! Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see everyone too! Can't wait to hear about what God has done in the live of the Roma people and in each of your lives. Miss you, love you! Praying for strength on your last days, and a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. elijah - you're the new poster child for iwc, in that last picture. actually, i think jackie is giving you a run for your money on that title...

    hayley and the brawley trio - i miss you guys soo much and i wish i was with you! haha, hayley, seeing the pictures of people sleeping, i wish i could be there so i could nap on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps: nutella is ALWAYS awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have loved this blog - I was in tears this morning at my desk looking at the pictures. You guys are doing a great job (especially you, Emily Freeman!) and I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for keeping us updated on this blog...it's the highlight of my mornings! I know leaving will be hard but we can't wait to see you and hear all of the wonderful, exciting things God has done. Matt, I love the tatoes...now, permanent marker is something I can handle! Travel safe, guys.
    Love, Regina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for doing such a great job of keeping us up to date through this blog...all the great pictures, videos, and notes. You guys are awesome, and I too, cannot wait to hear all the wonderful stories from this life-changing trip!

    OK, I'm looking at that photo of Jackie with the kids and then the photo of Elijah with the kids and I'm sitting at my office computer with tears dropping out of my eyes. Elijah, you are so very blessed to have parents who are on fire for God and have led you to become an ambassador for Jesus . Jackie, you are so very blessed to have children who walk in your footsteps.

    Have a safe, comfortable and on-time journey home.

    ReplyDelete